PADI Search and Recovery Diver?
Have you ever dropped something in the water? Are you looking for lost
treasure? The PADI Search and Recovery Diver Specialty course will teach
you effective ways to find objects Underwater and bring them to the
What do I need to start?
- PADI Advanced Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver certification (or qualifying certification from another organization) OR
- PADI Open Water Diver or Junior Open Water Diver AND PADI Underwater Navigation certifications (or qualifying certification from another organization)
- Minimum age: 12 years old
What will I do?
You'll learn search and recovery dive planning, organization, procedures,
techniques and potential problems. You'll also cover limited visibility,
search patterns and safe object recovery using lift devices.
long will it take?
- Recommended Course Hours: 24 hours
- Minimum Open Water Training: four dives over two days
What will I need?
- Search and Recovery-Pak, which includes manual, video and log insert
Visit Explore Underwater Online Magazine, it is our way of sharing our explorations with friends around the
world. We hope that you will visit often, and send us news of your explorations, and favorite discoveries. We'll share
them with others through this online magazine. Together, we'll all promote the adventure of exploring under water.
Monte, Irene, Jessica, and Alec
Our 10 year old son Alec, who loves movies, especially the Disney productions of Pirates of the Caribbean, was facinated
when we showed him the hull of an old shipwreck at 35 feet, at the Eden Rock dive site. It had been uncovered due to the
waves of Ivan. Irene pointed out a Cleaner Shrimp hiding in the wreckage to Alec, and later explained to him that it is now
a cleaning station for fish. After that experience Alec determined that it was in fact an old pirate shipwreck, and who are
we to correct a ten year old. Afterall they know more than the parents, right?
Web site first created 14 March, 1996